Friday, January 6, 2012

embracing (or enduring) chaos

You know all those lovely pictures of perfect rooms flooding your bloglist? Do they ever make you feel like you can't post a picture of your not-quite perfect rooms? (Although of course your rooms are perfect.) I am here to relieve any doubts or insecurities you may have. This is what my home office/workspace looks like right now:







Totally out of control. Too many projects. I was trying to get everything organized and getting totally stressed out, but then I told myself to let it go. Do what I have to do. I'll get to it (it being restoring some order) when I can. Then I felt a lot better.

6 comments:

  1. lol! you mean, you're a real humanoid? Love that red top table...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're a lot alike you and I. Only you're the neat one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're happy because you can do how you like the room; I read in our living room. Of course I'm not forced to do that though it's warmer and I can economyze electricity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be v. happy hanging out there with you.

    Books everywhere, perfect!

    xo jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen... Do you follow Susan @Between Naps on the Porch (betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com)? She has documented the metamorphosis of her son's bedroom into her home office. It's enough to make a clutterbug like me shutter! However, she has created an awesome (and enviable) workspace.

    Your environment looks cozy and familiar to me. I have a sign over my desk at work... If a cluttered desk signs a cluttered mind, of what then, is an empty desk a sign? Albert Einstein

    Smiles...Susan (not the neat one)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it looks cozy and interesting! And of course I love the shelves full of books.

    ReplyDelete