Thursday, March 3, 2011

Casey


Casey was a big part of my country weekends. Her favorite thing in the world was water and especially chasing sticks into the brook. She took it very seriously, like a job, poised at the edge of the water waiting for us to throw the stick. She would wait for as long as it took with an intent look on her face. She was an intense dog, an Australian Shepherd with no tail and different colored eyes which you can't see in that picture, sorry. She was my pal and went with me everywhere. She had a rare complication of lyme disease and 2 weeks ago her kidneys failed though she was only six. I miss her.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe I missed this post. I can see why you would miss her so much. So sorry...

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking time to read your older posts now. You have my truest sympathy, Jen! I still miss our parrot Mango, who died too young a couple of years ago. I guess it sounds bad but the loss of our close animal companions hurts much more than losing some humans.

    ReplyDelete