Tuesday, April 5, 2011

read to me

Some of my happiest memories as a mother are of reading to my children. I just went through the horrible experience of having to throw out a hefty bag full of picture books that did not survive our basement flood. I carried them from Brooklyn, where the two oldest were born, to New Jersey, where the youngest was born, to Massachusetts where we moved five years ago. The boys are semi-grown now and all great readers, which brings me joy. Those books from their childhood were, for me, talismans, memories, happiness.

But they got soaked and mildewed. And now they are gone. So today I made my first treasury on Etsy. It's called Read to Me. It was a pleasure to create, and looking at it brings  a smile to my face. If you want to take a look, click here.

What are your favorite children's books?

Jen

3 comments:

  1. I have two favorite childrens books...Make Way for Duckling's and Goodnight Moon......

    Definitely loved the Curious George too....

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Enid Blytons books. My daughter did too.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! and another hour a day at the computer... ;-)

    My favorite books were Babar! I still love looking at the pictures. That little society fascinated me.

    ReplyDelete